2011-04-01

The Best Time To Go Fishing

Is there a "best time to fish", other than the old saying, "whenever you can"? The best time to go fishing is certainly "whenever you can", but the truth is that there are certain factors that can be paid attention to that will help to "tip the odds" into your favor as an angler. Although it is possible to get crazy with the idea of the "best time to fish" by subscribing to services, reading charts and graphs, and studying books on the subject, I have always found the acronym K. I. S. S to be true when it comes to the best time to fish.... Keep It Simple Stupid. This might be because I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer or because I have the attention span of a five year old, but I have always found the simplest things to be the most effective in life, and nowhere is this more true than when it comes to fishing.
 
Have you ever had one of those days fishing where it seemed as if you could do no wrong? Like whatever you threw into the water resulted in fish being caught? I certainly have and after some study, I managed to figure out why I had such great days fishing sometimes and just average days at other times. In this article I will explain the simple reasons why this happens, why sometimes we have a phenomenal day on the water, when as far as our senses tell us, the day is much like any other day. What I learned after delving into my "good days" fishing was that there were two specific factors in my favor and I didn't even realize it. Those two factors were the weather and moon.
 
 What I found was that on my personal epic days of fishing (which had occurred almost 6 months apart) both the weather and moon were in my favor, making the fish much more active, and thus feeding much more heavily. Therefore I was fishing at the best time to fish and didn't realize it. You see, what the weather is doing and what phase that the moon is in both have an amazing impact on the activity level of fish, and when both of these factors are in your favor as an angler it makes the fish much more active and you will experience more fishing success.
 
 I learned that the best fishing times were much easier to predict than I had previously thought, and that fishing didn't have as much to do with "luck" as a lot of people like to believe. The bottom line is that the best time to go fishing can be determined by paying attention to the weather and moon and planning your fishing trips accordingly. Having just one of these factors in your favor helps fishing success and having both of these factors in your favor many times makes for an epic day of fishing. Learn the simple ways in which the weather and moon relate to the best time to fish and you will experience much more fishing success, it's as simple as that.


No comments:

Post a Comment